Monday, July 12, 2010
12 Favorite and Little Known Tips for LinkedIn
• LinkedIn has over 70 million members in over 200 countries.
• A new member joins LinkedIn approximately every second, and
about half of our members are outside the U.S.
• Executives from all Fortune 500 companies are LinkedIn members.
[1000 Website Visitors in 30 Days!]
To me that states clearly that if you have almost ANY kind of business and are prospecting, LI will be a good resource for you. But just setting up a profile and dabbling once a week or so is not going to do much for your prospecting efforts. Below are a few tips that not many folks know about, but are powerful techniques for increasing your visibility and maximizing that "inbound marketing" that Social Media is known for.
1. Create 3 saved searches. If you are doing a search on a company, person, industry or whatever, save your searches. At the top where you see the number of records in your search you'll see a "save this search" button - you get 3 if you are at the basic level. LI will send you a weekly email, if you want, to get updates to your search.
2. Recommendations are important, so ask for them. But make it easy. I first call or email my contact and ask if they will recommend me. If so, write the recommendatíon yourself - so you are sure that you are sending the right message. Be sure to talk about the problems you solved - that's really the point, isn't it?
3. Use the Question and Answer area to gain more visibility on the Internet. On the question that you answer you will see a "share this" with a drop down menu. You can email your network, Digg it, Bookmark the question on Delicious, or use the link provided in your answer and link to one of your blog posts, or somewhere else on your site to pull in traffic.
4. Join groups that are in line with your business, your objectives or your hoped for job. Fish where the fish are. The more "on target" the group, the more valuable the content they provide, and the networking opportunities will be.
5. Use groups to expand your network, but be selective. In the groups tabs, you will see "Groups Directory". Select that and on the next page use Search Groups, selecting "other" from the drop down categories menu. Join the groups that interest you. Once you are a member, you will have access to the members in that group. Try connecting with the ones that make sense. You might evaluate based on the size of their network, the type of company or industry they are in or how much interaction they have had with the group.
[SEO Company or SEO Campaign? Run both with Web CEO!]
6. Did you know you can export your connections? Go to "Contacts." Then "Connections. " At the bottom of your Connections box is "Export Connections. " Export the connections and import them into your preferred address book. Do this frequently so you are consolidating all of your contacts in one spot (might be Outlook, Act, Salesforce).
7. Refer to both the LinkedIn Learning Center and their blog. The Learning Center is full of great tutorials and the blog has info on updated and new features with full explanations.
[Forget Expensive PPC Advertising - There is an Alternative!]
8. For better and more valued networking, when you invite someone to join your network, don't use the canned LinkedIn message. Say something about who you are and why you want to connect with that person.
9. To really maximize your profile, find one or two LinkedIn specialists (Google that phrase, or check Amazon for authors) and look up their profile. Study carefully and learn by example.
10. Be creative about how you use the Answers section. It can be used to ask for solutions to problems, for resources, for vendors, for processes. But it can also be used to find good connections, or find other groups you may want to join, to deliver information on your products or services, IF it provides an answer to the question. Sometimes you've got the perfect solution!
11. You can share a group with your connections - more value added to your community. When you are in a specific group, on the Overview tab you will see an option to "share group" and you can send an email to 50 of your connections.
12. Don't hop over the "People You May Know" suggestions that appears in the upper right corner of your home page. Expand the box and start connecting with people on an ongoing basis. This is a great way to widen your circle.
LinkedIn is a powerful tool for almost any social media objective - branding, lead generation, or job searching. Invest some time in learning the finer points - you will be glad you did.
By Elyse Tager (c) 2010
About The Author
Elyse Tager is a social media strategist and founder of Elymedia. Elyse develops effective marketing strategies to help the small business grow significantly. Want to learn more about growing your business with Social Media? Sign up for Elyse's free introductory teleseminar available at => www.elymedia.com.
By Elyse Tager (c) 2010
Articles at Technorati
Promote to over 10 million individuals around the world.We promote your business in international network of partners websites, each with own narrow points of interests.
Our company gives you effective promotion strategies that helps your business profitable on the Internet.
We will provide you with real and visible results and take your website to the next level.
Promote to Over 10 Million individuals Now...
Get More Customers, Get More Revenue!!!With no day-to-day stream of shoppers you cannot have stable around the clock revenue.
You cannot get revenue if no one comes to your website. You need visitors to see your website, every day, 24 hours!
We help more than 30,000 clients get more customers online.
You will increase your revenue by receiving hundreds of real interested visitors to see your website.
Millions of CustomersConnect your business to millions of shoppers looking for products and services.
Our audience is constantly growing and now it's over 25 million new shoppers each month. We send traffic from high-quality local and international promotion websites, which bring potential shoppers from North America, Western Europe and upcoming markets.
Get More Hits, Get More Visitors...
EARN MONEY FROM YOUR SITE
Turn your valuable blog traffic into income. Work online and join our free money making partner program. We offer the most commission rate to help increase your income stream.
Join our cash making program absolutely no charge and 100% risk free.
Mountain a constant stream of moneyOur earning money program helps you to generate a constant stream of cash, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Allowing you more time to focus on the things you love.
You will even be making profit while you sleep!
A constant cash generatorImagine running of a something that never failed to generate revenue-flow. A free money program so incredibly profitable that you never had to look for job ever again!
MONEY WHILE YOU SLEEP
Earn $1,000... $2,000... $5,000...Turn your web site visitors into cash!
You get paid for every visitor that clicks on our advertizing. Our wish is to enable you to make as much as possible from your site. We pay monthly, either by bank cheque, or using PayPal.
41,7 % und mehr Rendite im Monat möglich mit FOREXHANDEL The Greatest Money-Making Opportunity Online!