|5 Tips for Marketing Through Content |
Chris Crum | Staff Writer
Delivering Content That's In Demand, Without Sacrificing Quality
Gather.com is a site that started as a social networking site, but is now a demand-driven media company, attracting 7 million unique visitors per month (and growing), according to the company. Demand-driven media is certainly a competitive industry these days with companies like Demand Media, AOL, Yahoo and others all playing their roles.
1. Start with Search. There are 15.9 billion searches run every month and a small percentage are customers looking for you and your competitors. Figure out your market opportunity by understanding how many searches, keywords and keyword phrases are related to what you do.
2. Think holistically about your budget. What do you spend today per customer? What is your average SEM spend? Content-based programs can help lower cost/customer acquisition because fewer people are doing it and competition, so far, is less intense. Plan to shift some budget dollars from SEM and other acquisition marketing efforts to content marketing - it delivers results with an improved cost structure.
3. Target your content creation. Content needs to be targeted to areas that align directly with your brand; where sufficient demand for your content will make content marketing worthwhile.
4. Make lots and lots and lots of content at a low cost. Search engines weigh recency heavily when organizing content. There is always fresh content at the top of search results pages, so 1,000 posts on a topic will capture more customers than a competitor with 5 - 10 posts.
5. Don't go it alone. Managing dozens of writers, achieving top search engine placement, and establishing content creation costs to make content marketing make sense requires specialized knowledge and training. Find a partner and make them put their money where their mouth is on the numbers they promise.
Those are Gerace's tips, but I'll add that quality makes a difference. Not only does Google continually try to put more emphasis on quality with algorithm updates, but it also goes a long way when you're talking about reputation, and obviously you don't want to do something that will hurt your brand.
As far as search, Google's Matt Cutts has said of the recent Mayday update, for example, that content farms are among the kinds of sites that are hit the hardest by the alrogithm change. That's another reason why churning out sub-par content is not going to be in your best interest. If you can walk the line of delivering content that people are searching for, and giving them content that stands out, there are lots of benefits to be had.
Have your own tips for marketing through content? Share them here.
|For ad details and prices... mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Signup for free newsletters: http://www.ientry.com/page/ |
--- WebProNews is an iEntry.com publication ---
iEntry, Inc. 2549 Richmond Rd Second Floor Lexington, KY 40509
Monday, July 5, 2010
5 Tips for Marketing Through Content
Articles at Technorati
Promote to over 10 million individuals around the world.We promote your business in international network of partners websites, each with own narrow points of interests.
Our company gives you effective promotion strategies that helps your business profitable on the Internet.
We will provide you with real and visible results and take your website to the next level.
Promote to Over 10 Million individuals Now...
Get More Customers, Get More Revenue!!!With no day-to-day stream of shoppers you cannot have stable around the clock revenue.
You cannot get revenue if no one comes to your website. You need visitors to see your website, every day, 24 hours!
We help more than 30,000 clients get more customers online.
You will increase your revenue by receiving hundreds of real interested visitors to see your website.
Millions of CustomersConnect your business to millions of shoppers looking for products and services.
Our audience is constantly growing and now it's over 25 million new shoppers each month. We send traffic from high-quality local and international promotion websites, which bring potential shoppers from North America, Western Europe and upcoming markets.
Get More Hits, Get More Visitors...
EARN MONEY FROM YOUR SITE
Turn your valuable blog traffic into income. Work online and join our free money making partner program. We offer the most commission rate to help increase your income stream.
Join our cash making program absolutely no charge and 100% risk free.
Mountain a constant stream of moneyOur earning money program helps you to generate a constant stream of cash, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Allowing you more time to focus on the things you love.
You will even be making profit while you sleep!
A constant cash generatorImagine running of a something that never failed to generate revenue-flow. A free money program so incredibly profitable that you never had to look for job ever again!
MONEY WHILE YOU SLEEP
Earn $1,000... $2,000... $5,000...Turn your web site visitors into cash!
You get paid for every visitor that clicks on our advertizing. Our wish is to enable you to make as much as possible from your site. We pay monthly, either by bank cheque, or using PayPal.
41,7 % und mehr Rendite im Monat möglich mit FOREXHANDEL The Greatest Money-Making Opportunity Online!